THE INTRODUCTION TO FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
One of the most treasured possessions a parent can have is the photographs they have of their children growing up.
Photographs of a precious time gone by.
When little ones napped peacefully for an hour or two, when tiny feet took their first tentative steps, and when snuggles were enjoyed and kisses landed on soft foreheads
Photographs preserve these moments so that you can enjoy re-living those moments whenever you want. And so that you can share these memories with your children as they grow, enjoying that warm hug of a wonderful memory each time you flicks through that album.
In fact, Kate Middleton was recently awarded a lifetime membership to the National Photographic Society in recognition of the photographs that she enjoys taking regularly of her beautiful children as they grow.
Taking photographs of our children is so very very important to us, particularly as mothers. This is why this year I am running my ‘Preserving My Family Memories: An Introduction to Family Photography’ workshops.
I have designed a photography workshop specifically for parents local to Derby and the surrounding areas; teaching you how to properly use your camera, and how to creatively and authentically document your own family’s life.
SCROLL DOWN TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST FOR THE NEXT UPCOMING WORKSHOP!
TELL ME MORE ABOUT PRESERVING MY FAMILY MEMORIES
This workshop is specifically designed for complete beginners to photography using DSLRs, and those who want to learn how to use their camera properly and who want to learn how to document their children’s and family’s life with authenticity and love.
Over the course of a jam packed workshop I will teach you all you need to know in order to begin your wonderful journey into learning how to properly capture your family memories in a fun and authentic way.
- I will teach you about your Camera Settings; how they work and how knowing the principles of a camera will help you create infinitely better photographs, and help you move away from that dreaded Auto function.
- I will teach you about Light; how to create a balanced exposure, but also how to notice the changes in light and how this affects the mood of your photographs, and how to deal with tricky lighting situations.
- I will teach you Priciples of Composition; how watching where you place your frame helps you create much more engaging images.
- Overcoming ‘But my kid won’t let me take their photo!’: I will teach you my tried-and-tested secret tips and tricks on how to capture awesome natural candid moments in your children. How to catch that giant belly laugh, but also those long dark eyelashes quietly engrossed in a book.
- And I will teach you so much more – all tailored to your own knowledge level and requirements.
- Lastly, we will have fun! We will chat all things cameras, photography and kids! We will chat with other local mums in the exact same position as you, and we will leave with new friends and a wonderful support network to help us in our ongoing photographic journey! No question is a silly question, I’m here to help!
THE DETAILS OF THE NEXT CLASS
The NEXT PMFM Workshop is going to be held:
SUNDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2018
Sunday the 12th February 2017 – SOLD OUT!
Saturday the 25th March 2017 – SOLD OUT!
Sunday the 11th June 2017 – SOLD OUT!
Sunday the 13th August 2017 (London) – SOLD OUT!
THE FINER DETAILS:
- The Preserving My Family Memories workshops will run at my little studio in Littleover in Derby every 6 weeks or so.
- Spaces on this workshop are extremely limited: at just 3-4 places! So please do get in touch ASAP to grab one of those seats!
- There are only a small number of places on each workshop so that we have the time and space to ensure that every one of you leaves with all the information you want and need to start taking infinitely better photographs of your family.
- Places on these workshop days are £130. This investment in your family’s memories will give back over and over again, every time you walk past the beautiful photographs that you took yourself of your children!
- The workshop will be friendly and relaxed, super cosy and lovely. You will leave buzzing from all the new knowledge you will have absorbed, a collection of take-home handouts containing all the most important bits of information, as well as access to my secret Facebook Group to support you in your continuing development!
- Just bring along your camera, your camera’s manual, and a notepad and pen!
HOW TO BOOK YOURSELF A PLACE:
- Please contact me using the contact form below below to express your interest in joining a workshop and also to be informed when the next date is arranged and when booking is open!
*Please note: I will always reply within 24 hours so if you do not receive a reply email from me please do check your JUNK Inbox as too often my emails go into there! Or do feel free to email again or give me a call!
- Do these dates not work for you? Why not consider hosting your own workshop with me and 3 of your mum friends in Derby or the surrounding areas, and earn your seat HALF PRICE!
I also can run workshops further afield if you would like me to! Please get in touch to discuss or send me a message below to set it up!